It's not a one-time thing." He said more than half of the help offered is accepted in some form, but it can take as many as 20 attempts to win over what amounts to a small number of people who require persuasion.
Representatives from the Coalition on Homelessness on Oct. 4 witnessed the first of the SoMa sweeps, or "displacements," as they're more kindly called, and confirmed that the cops and service providers had some distance between them.
"That's what they did during the first month of Matrix," Daly said to the Guardian. "That will change over time."
In the meantime, the supervisor has reintroduced a $5 million allocation for supportive housing for homeless people that was passed by the board last spring but defunded by Newsom.
Most Commented On
- http://www.genericviagratab.com/ - June 19, 2013
- The winger trolls win when intelligent commenters become - June 19, 2013
- Would you prefer that the - June 19, 2013
- I think you'd settle for "the Guardian's FUTURE to be assured" - June 19, 2013
- mwuahhhhhhh - June 19, 2013
- Not reading comments is always an answer - June 19, 2013
- "Y'all own the field now and - June 19, 2013
- "one place where commenting - June 19, 2013
- Esther Rabinowitz - June 19, 2013
- It is not that the Guardian - June 19, 2013