Here are some resources for learning more about the score.
Information about strategies for sustainable living beyond capitalism; includes freegan hot spots in San Francisco.
REALLY, REALLY FREE MARKET
A monthly alternate-economy festival and a really good place to get rid of your old stuff.
MISSION INDIE MART
Kelly Malone and Charles Hurbert's unique party take on the freegan ethos.
Jason Lewis and Monica Hernandez's fabulous swap bonanza.
A list of every open bar, happy hour, and extremely cheap alcohol event in the city.
A cross between MySpace and Yelp that focuses entirely on events, including a free section featuring happy hours, art openings, and concert ticket giveaways.
SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT
Official city site for recycling, disposal, and reuse information.
SAN FRANCISCO DUMP
Learn about our city's unique take on garbage and strategies for recycling.
An art foundation dedicated to transforming trash into interactive public sculptures.
Mission Indie Mart cofounder Hurbert blogs his best scavenger finds.
The latest artist in residence at the SF Dump has been making cool stuff from garbage for years.
Most Commented On
- HI LOD - July 11, 2014
- Thank to Dr.Aluta for his - July 11, 2014
- HOW I GOT CURED OF HIV/AIDS BY DR ALUTA THE GREAT SPELL CASTER - July 11, 2014
- We need less Uber, Lyft and - July 11, 2014
- Yes, we need Walnut Creek - July 11, 2014
- You heard wrong - Cristina - July 11, 2014
- It will not take millions to - July 11, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 11, 2014
- Obviously white male hets are - July 11, 2014
- It was really important to play a race card there - July 11, 2014