"It sat out overnight," she said.
There was a huge Hefty garbage bag right there, and, in my wedding best, a butterfly in black, I dove in. I am my grandmother's granddaughter. I have survived the Great Depression and a lot of littler, not-so-great ones too. Like a lot of my family, I eat compost. I eat garbage.
I hold my grandma's pretty picture to my own puckered lips and whisper to it. "I lied," I say.
She whispers back, "How are the chickens?"
Most Commented On
- Ricky Baker - December 7, 2013
- "He?" How do you know the - December 7, 2013
- So when someone doesn't agree - December 7, 2013
- That interesting because I - December 6, 2013
- Asshole. - December 6, 2013
- Todo el mundo a la barricadas - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh - December 6, 2013
- "At the end of the day, all - December 6, 2013
- This isn't pro's and con's it's just "your" opinion. - December 6, 2013
- The Facts GPD - December 6, 2013