For a breakdown of the positions that relevant politicians are taking on the war in Iraq, visit the slate.com link below. 36 U.S. soldiers were killed this month, which means at least one U.S. soldier was killed for every day that passed. Click here to view.
Casualties in Iraq
3 U.S. soldiers were killed today by a roadside bomb, bringing the total of U.S> soldiers killed this month to 36, according to Reuters.
4,113: Killed since the U.S. invasion of Iraq 3/20/03
To view a breakdown of U.S. military casualties by state of residence, click here.
654,965 more Iraqis may have died since hostilities began in Iraq in March 2003 than would have been expected under pre-war conditions, according to a Johns Hopkins University study.
98,000: Killed since 3/03
75,971– 82,776: Killed since 1/03
For a list of recent events that have resulted in Iraqi casualties, visit :
29 Iraqi policemen were killed by a suicide bomber yesterday, according to the New York Times.
30,000?: Killed since 2003
200 journalists have been killed since the start of the war in March 2003 through August 2007, according to Reporters Without Borders.
Read a first hand account of how Iraqis are being treated when attempting to enter Jordan for a vacation.
Border policies are tightening because one million Iraqi refugees have already fled to Jordan and another one million to Syria. Iraqi refugees who manage to make it out of Iraq still can’t work, have difficulty attending school and are not eligible for health care.
Most Commented On
- Peter Hook of Joy Division and New Order altered the course of - July 13, 2014
- Protester barfs on windshield of Yahoo bus — Viva La Vomit! - July 13, 2014
- Endorsements 2013 - July 13, 2014
- BART on strike - July 12, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - July 12, 2014
- Albany Bulb dwellers speak out on temporary shelter arrangement - July 12, 2014
- All in: author and activist Julia Serano talks 'Excluded' - July 12, 2014
- Let's hope the progs organize - July 12, 2014
- I have been interested in - July 12, 2014
- San Francisco Will Do Just Fine - July 12, 2014