For a breakdown of the positions that relevant politicians are taking on the war in Iraq, visit the slate.com link below. 36 U.S. soldiers were killed this month, which means at least one U.S. soldier was killed for every day that passed. Click here to view.
Casualties in Iraq
3 U.S. soldiers were killed today by a roadside bomb, bringing the total of U.S> soldiers killed this month to 36, according to Reuters.
4,113: Killed since the U.S. invasion of Iraq 3/20/03
To view a breakdown of U.S. military casualties by state of residence, click here.
654,965 more Iraqis may have died since hostilities began in Iraq in March 2003 than would have been expected under pre-war conditions, according to a Johns Hopkins University study.
98,000: Killed since 3/03
75,971– 82,776: Killed since 1/03
For a list of recent events that have resulted in Iraqi casualties, visit :
29 Iraqi policemen were killed by a suicide bomber yesterday, according to the New York Times.
30,000?: Killed since 2003
200 journalists have been killed since the start of the war in March 2003 through August 2007, according to Reporters Without Borders.
Read a first hand account of how Iraqis are being treated when attempting to enter Jordan for a vacation.
Border policies are tightening because one million Iraqi refugees have already fled to Jordan and another one million to Syria. Iraqi refugees who manage to make it out of Iraq still can’t work, have difficulty attending school and are not eligible for health care.
Most Commented On
- Didn't we elect her? - March 15, 2014
- Ed Lee won by such a huge margin that his victory cannot be - March 15, 2014
- RE values fluctuate for all kinds of reasons but as long as - March 15, 2014
- Just because you cannot afford a particular home does not mean - March 15, 2014
- Translation: "I've long since - March 15, 2014
- Except when Ed Lie wins the - March 15, 2014
- Still waiting on these tens - March 15, 2014
- The city cannot force a store to open in a neighborhood if - March 15, 2014
- Pretending to give a shit - March 15, 2014
- You just said that the - March 15, 2014