"He stole the tape to show to Luke Perry, so that was the crowning glory for a fanatic such as myself."
When she's not tuning in to new pop-culture craziness like MTV's "revolutionary" celebration of bisexuality, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila Halperin teaches at Mills College and works on an array of new films: a sequel to Tumbleweed Town set in early 1980s New York City; a live-action, nonnarrative homage to her beloved Coney Island, Astroland; and a video project that pays tribute to Richard Simmons and "loving yourself, no matter what you are."
On that note, Halperin's final thought is especially fitting: "I encourage people to make movies. It's my personal view that the world can be changed through art."
Most Commented On
- UBER is doing what the CITY does ... ask Herrera - March 8, 2014
- Commitment matters - March 8, 2014
- You and I have different values - March 8, 2014
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014