"He stole the tape to show to Luke Perry, so that was the crowning glory for a fanatic such as myself."
When she's not tuning in to new pop-culture craziness like MTV's "revolutionary" celebration of bisexuality, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila Halperin teaches at Mills College and works on an array of new films: a sequel to Tumbleweed Town set in early 1980s New York City; a live-action, nonnarrative homage to her beloved Coney Island, Astroland; and a video project that pays tribute to Richard Simmons and "loving yourself, no matter what you are."
On that note, Halperin's final thought is especially fitting: "I encourage people to make movies. It's my personal view that the world can be changed through art."
Most Commented On
- He says it right here: - December 18, 2013
- Wagnerian, housing costs in Oakland are about 50% of those in SF - December 18, 2013
- Long-term, all employees will have to pay more for their health - December 18, 2013
- I never met anyone who thought that they were part of - December 18, 2013
- Why is there all this denial - December 18, 2013
- 24-593 Federation Drive, San Francisco, CA - December 18, 2013
- NEWSGAADI - December 18, 2013
- Yes, and their comments are - December 18, 2013
- story of the year - December 18, 2013
- One of the major negative - December 18, 2013