Mayhem, Ordo ad Chao (Season of Mist)
The gods of Norwegian black metal get weirder and better.
4. The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box (Starz/Anchor Bay)
Essential metasurrealism from this filmic genius at an insanely low price.
5. Miles Davis, The Complete On the Corner Sessions (Sony Legacy)
Insanely lavish box from Davis's notorious 197274 period, during which rhythm and skronk ruled.
6. The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 DVDs (Fantoma)
Pure eye candy for psychos.
7. The Flying Luttenbachers, Incarcerated by Abstraction (ugEXPLODE)
I would be lying if I didn't tell you this was the best album released this year. It will destroy you with its dissonant structural complexity.
I recently began overdosing on the early output of this mythic ur-metal space-rock juggernaut, particularly when Lemmy was with them.
9. StSanders's Shred videos on YouTube
Honestly, I don't think I've laughed as hard and long this year at anything else. Viva la suck!
10. Zs, Arms (Planaria)
This rigorously intense new music group from New York keeps delivering the rock with staggering precision.
Most Commented On
- I don't want to build you a strawman - May 21, 2013
- And..... - May 21, 2013
- I'm saying that unless you walk or cycle everywhere then you are - May 21, 2013
- I thought it was closer to 50% - May 21, 2013
- Oakland - May 21, 2013
- The writer is monitoring and responding now - May 21, 2013
- "Rootless" is better used tod escribe someone with no home - May 21, 2013
- There never was any good art in SF. - May 21, 2013
- Obama has turned out better than I thought. - May 21, 2013
- Funny, JW, cuz the OK tornado got mentioned a few times. - May 21, 2013