Mayhem, Ordo ad Chao (Season of Mist)
The gods of Norwegian black metal get weirder and better.
4. The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box (Starz/Anchor Bay)
Essential metasurrealism from this filmic genius at an insanely low price.
5. Miles Davis, The Complete On the Corner Sessions (Sony Legacy)
Insanely lavish box from Davis's notorious 197274 period, during which rhythm and skronk ruled.
6. The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 DVDs (Fantoma)
Pure eye candy for psychos.
7. The Flying Luttenbachers, Incarcerated by Abstraction (ugEXPLODE)
I would be lying if I didn't tell you this was the best album released this year. It will destroy you with its dissonant structural complexity.
I recently began overdosing on the early output of this mythic ur-metal space-rock juggernaut, particularly when Lemmy was with them.
9. StSanders's Shred videos on YouTube
Honestly, I don't think I've laughed as hard and long this year at anything else. Viva la suck!
10. Zs, Arms (Planaria)
This rigorously intense new music group from New York keeps delivering the rock with staggering precision.
Most Commented On
- thanks to dr Abuko - April 23, 2014
- San Francisco city management - April 23, 2014
- Another, “good look'n out” by - April 23, 2014
- Dead Weight Losses - April 23, 2014
- It's all about the city's - April 23, 2014
- How does it show? - April 23, 2014
- Where does he say that? And - April 23, 2014
- Sorry they hurt your feelings - April 23, 2014
- Mmm.. good to be here in your - April 23, 2014
- I still see balance there - April 23, 2014