Mayhem, Ordo ad Chao (Season of Mist)
The gods of Norwegian black metal get weirder and better.
4. The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box (Starz/Anchor Bay)
Essential metasurrealism from this filmic genius at an insanely low price.
5. Miles Davis, The Complete On the Corner Sessions (Sony Legacy)
Insanely lavish box from Davis's notorious 197274 period, during which rhythm and skronk ruled.
6. The Films of Kenneth Anger, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 DVDs (Fantoma)
Pure eye candy for psychos.
7. The Flying Luttenbachers, Incarcerated by Abstraction (ugEXPLODE)
I would be lying if I didn't tell you this was the best album released this year. It will destroy you with its dissonant structural complexity.
I recently began overdosing on the early output of this mythic ur-metal space-rock juggernaut, particularly when Lemmy was with them.
9. StSanders's Shred videos on YouTube
Honestly, I don't think I've laughed as hard and long this year at anything else. Viva la suck!
10. Zs, Arms (Planaria)
This rigorously intense new music group from New York keeps delivering the rock with staggering precision.
Most Commented On
- There are lots of employee shuttles in NYC - December 21, 2013
- Alt-folk singer Michelle Shocked goes on homophobic rant, Yoshi' - December 21, 2013
- The other path to unionization - December 21, 2013
- Really, cool the hyperbole. - December 21, 2013
- come to ny - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a basic need but - December 21, 2013
- Agree, marcos. I am happy for these losers to be "heard" - December 21, 2013
- this... - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a level 1 - December 21, 2013
- Ballad of Gopman - December 21, 2013