And did he do it to piss off his parents? If someone in Fall Out Boy tried to say that to this guy, he'd probably get his lights knocked out. But when it comes from the little guy with the razor-sharp wit, vivid imagination, and goofy grin, we just adore him all the more.
In Pixar's Ratatouille, Oswalt provides the voice for Remy, an endearing animated rat who achieves the impossible by becoming a chef at one of Paris's cordon bleu establishments. There's no irony in the way the epicurean who recommends dining at the Mission's Andalu, not Puerto Alegre, has begun peppering his material with jokes about the eccentricities of top chefs at five-star restaurants. His movie rocked the box office, and he's probably making bigger bucks than the staffs at arbiter-of-cool magazines Vice and Paper combined.
So I kind of didn't get it when he told me he would trade cute and cuddly for badass in a second. "Yeah, I don't think badass loses its breath when it's trying to tie its shoes," he said. Aw, well, excuse me while I try to hold back the tears ... of laughter.
With Arj Barker, Tony Camin, and Doug Benson on various nights
Dec. 2830, 8 and 10:15 p.m.; Dec. 31, 7 and 9:30 p.m.; $23.50$50.50
Cobb's Comedy Club
915 Columbus, SF
Most Commented On
- I knew it was you - March 15, 2014
- Wrong. One of the most - March 15, 2014
- Nevada sends the homeless to - March 15, 2014
- Human rights - March 15, 2014
- Lobby of Trolls - March 15, 2014
- Community - March 15, 2014
- I wanna get rid of you...And you too - March 15, 2014
- nice - March 15, 2014
- false argument - March 14, 2014
- As spoken by one of the - March 14, 2014