Cindy Cohn, the Electronic Frontier Foundation's legal director, will talk about how the NSA used AT&T to spy on US citizens and the suit the EFF has brought against AT&T for vioutf8g its customers' privacy rights.
If you want to find out how to change the way militaries are appropriating consumer tech or just want to learn more about how war is changing the way we use technology, come to Stanford on Jan. 26 for the conference. It's open to the public, and you can register at www.technologyinwartime.org. The cost of admission gets a you free lunch and a T-shirt, as well as a chance to talk to some of the smartest people in the field. See you there!
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who wants smart defense to replace buggy offense.
Most Commented On
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- Oro11 and Shawn Reynaldo - May 22, 2013
- Xorauguynagazsy - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013