Cindy Cohn, the Electronic Frontier Foundation's legal director, will talk about how the NSA used AT&T to spy on US citizens and the suit the EFF has brought against AT&T for vioutf8g its customers' privacy rights.
If you want to find out how to change the way militaries are appropriating consumer tech or just want to learn more about how war is changing the way we use technology, come to Stanford on Jan. 26 for the conference. It's open to the public, and you can register at www.technologyinwartime.org. The cost of admission gets a you free lunch and a T-shirt, as well as a chance to talk to some of the smartest people in the field. See you there!
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who wants smart defense to replace buggy offense.
Most Commented On
- Legendary San Francisco football pub - July 24, 2014
- It isn't just book stores. - July 24, 2014
- BDS has been an abject failure - July 24, 2014
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014
- unique home designs - July 24, 2014
- Sounds good, Greg - July 24, 2014
- Egypt - July 24, 2014
- Farebox recovery - July 24, 2014