A is a jobs program disguised as a parks bond," Meskunas wrote, also arguing the 2000 park bond money wasn't properly spent. "The Parks Dept. needs new management, not new tax money."
But Peskin said this opposition from conservatives is unsurprising: "The Taxpayers Union opposes every tax and bond. They have never wanted to pay their fair share."
Learn what the measure would do for the eastern waterfront by bicycling the Blue Greenway on Jan. 13 with Prop. A supporters starting at 10 a.m. at Heron's Head Park on Hunters Point and finishing at noon at Fisherman's Wharf. For more info, call (415) 240-4150.
Comments, ideas, and submissions for Green City, the Guardian's weekly environmental column, can be sent to email@example.com.
Most Commented On
- Oh so socialist, - April 16, 2014
- Yes like the Italian - April 16, 2014
- Bravo ! - April 16, 2014
- Busy-ness - April 16, 2014
- Life is beautiful. Let's go - April 16, 2014
- He was a security guard. .. - April 16, 2014
- Sure, at the very top there - April 16, 2014
- You must remember, the cities progressives speak - April 16, 2014
- Work harder - April 16, 2014
- Even if I were to agree with your characterization... - April 16, 2014