A is a jobs program disguised as a parks bond," Meskunas wrote, also arguing the 2000 park bond money wasn't properly spent. "The Parks Dept. needs new management, not new tax money."
But Peskin said this opposition from conservatives is unsurprising: "The Taxpayers Union opposes every tax and bond. They have never wanted to pay their fair share."
Learn what the measure would do for the eastern waterfront by bicycling the Blue Greenway on Jan. 13 with Prop. A supporters starting at 10 a.m. at Heron's Head Park on Hunters Point and finishing at noon at Fisherman's Wharf. For more info, call (415) 240-4150.
Comments, ideas, and submissions for Green City, the Guardian's weekly environmental column, can be sent to email@example.com.
Most Commented On
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013
- The point is that the demand for homeless services is infinite - December 13, 2013
- CM - December 13, 2013
- Amsterdam is flat - December 13, 2013
- Expanding the balance sheet - December 13, 2013
- Excellent point - December 13, 2013
- I've heard the original - December 13, 2013
- A fantastic blog always - December 13, 2013
- Throwing money at people with nothing has never worked. - December 13, 2013
- Grandstanding by any OTHER name ; Still awiting correct process - December 13, 2013