A is a jobs program disguised as a parks bond," Meskunas wrote, also arguing the 2000 park bond money wasn't properly spent. "The Parks Dept. needs new management, not new tax money."
But Peskin said this opposition from conservatives is unsurprising: "The Taxpayers Union opposes every tax and bond. They have never wanted to pay their fair share."
Learn what the measure would do for the eastern waterfront by bicycling the Blue Greenway on Jan. 13 with Prop. A supporters starting at 10 a.m. at Heron's Head Park on Hunters Point and finishing at noon at Fisherman's Wharf. For more info, call (415) 240-4150.
Comments, ideas, and submissions for Green City, the Guardian's weekly environmental column, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Commented On
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014
- Damn The TL Is Wealthy - July 24, 2014
- no more freebies - July 24, 2014
- Prove It! - July 24, 2014
- SccEkXlzhYna - July 24, 2014
- jQzeuXpmpHkJZ - July 24, 2014
- How i got cured of Hiv - July 24, 2014
- DR odudu is the only Dr who - July 24, 2014