A is a jobs program disguised as a parks bond," Meskunas wrote, also arguing the 2000 park bond money wasn't properly spent. "The Parks Dept. needs new management, not new tax money."
But Peskin said this opposition from conservatives is unsurprising: "The Taxpayers Union opposes every tax and bond. They have never wanted to pay their fair share."
Learn what the measure would do for the eastern waterfront by bicycling the Blue Greenway on Jan. 13 with Prop. A supporters starting at 10 a.m. at Heron's Head Park on Hunters Point and finishing at noon at Fisherman's Wharf. For more info, call (415) 240-4150.
Comments, ideas, and submissions for Green City, the Guardian's weekly environmental column, can be sent to email@example.com.
Most Commented On
- exactly - March 17, 2014
- True, and in fact the word "progressive" itself us devoid of any - March 17, 2014
- Greg, of course YOU cannot think of any other profession that - March 17, 2014
- Laws to stop you harming others are reasonable - March 17, 2014
- Correlation is not causation. - March 17, 2014
- What? - March 17, 2014
- what? - March 17, 2014
- Progressives? Conservatives? - March 17, 2014
- New Jersey, one of the most - March 17, 2014
- You cannot run any organization with some level of top-down - March 17, 2014