It's life aboard the MySpace Death Star, and everyone had better fill up their blogs, crop their pics, broadcast in a perfect urban patois, and be their own friends. "Look, I think I just saw a highly advanced, 3-D text message of my future self giving me the middle finger," main character I-BE, a.k.a. Trecartin, says snootily.
I-BE AREA zings off on a million paths in its quest for authenticity names become other names, twins melt into clones, characters switch places with their avatars and turn clairvoyant. There's a jaw-dropping tap dance sequence featuring orphaned kids recorded on Adoption Audition Tapes. At one point a woman who looks like she wandered off the set of Dynasty identifies herself as the Head-PArent and drops a hypothetical blow-dryer into a hot tub full of hippie ghouls. Later a noodle-eyed tranny ectomorph called Pasta kidnaps a baby.
Near the center of it all is the Wood Shop a real wood shop, with band saws revving and lumber strewn precariously. It's also the perfect joke on a mainstream gay dance club (or online hookup site). "Exotic" black go-go boys writhe frantically on tables, fractured machinery noises sub in for lame-ass techno, and an obnoxious, pig-tailed faggy avatar screams "What?" into her brick cell phone. Then everyone prances around lewdly and breaks windows. Just like real life!
Most Commented On
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014
- FBFoPYvvWKhBC - July 24, 2014
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014
- FncnUMLWjS - July 24, 2014
- hope you will share so much - July 24, 2014
- Re; - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- jMYvwYeYbjltKJ - July 24, 2014