We asked and you answered oh, how you answered. More than 200 of you responded to our questions about what goes on between your sheets, or at least between your legs. And although there are lots of you happily living your vanilla-and-roses love lives (straight! Missionary style! Share my partner? Never!), there are plenty more proving our city's reputation for alternative gender and orientation identities, kinky sex, and free love is well deserved. Check out our poll results, as of Jan. 31, below. (Numbers are percentages.)
1. How do you identify, in terms of your sexual orientation?
Depends on how much I've had to drink 5
Alternative answers include four kinds of bisexual with caveats such as "bi-affectional" or "bi for political reasons," one transsexual, and one person who identifies simply as "feral." Meow.
2. How often do you have sex?
Once a day 11
Once a week 37
Once a month 10
Once upon a time 2
Alternate answers give even more specific frequencies, most often three to four times per week, as well as the fabulously Victorian answer "fortnightly." Several people said it depends on relationship status (though there was no mention of whether frequency increases or decreases with commitment). The one we identify with most? "As much as possible. Every day if you count with myself."
3. What's the kinkiest thing you've done or would do?
Sex before marriage 15
"Two Girls, One Cup" 11
Alternative answers include bondage, multiple partners at one time ("ye olde three-way"), role play, sex in public places (bookstore? Hot), snowballing, sex with someone else's date, anonymous encounters, homosexual dalliances, and the winner for Most Likely to Have Come from Lolita: "I got my chewing gum caught in a guy's pubic hair once."
4. Where's the craziest place you've ever had sex in San Francisco?
Mission Bar 8
16th and Mission Bart stop 4
My bed (missionary position, of course) 26
We've clearly been shopping in the wrong places. You people are having sex in Noe Valley storefronts, butcher shops, the dressing rooms of upscale retailers (Saks, JCrew, Banana Republic), and phone booths and against a wall in the Haight. How'd we miss this? Perhaps we were too busy with the rest of you in parks (Golden Gate, Balboa, Dolores), parking lots, school yards, and hot tubs. Some of our awards? Most original goes to "bowling alley in the back with the pins." Most ambitious? "Nothin' crazy yet, but it's only 9am. Give me a chance to wake up."
5. How polyamorous are you (or were you in your last committed relationship)?
Love is limitless and meant to be shared (my partner and I have other partners) 8
Love has limits, but sex is meant to be shared (my partner and I have other bed buddies) 13
Love and sex have limits, but some fantasies are meant to be shared (my partner and I occasionally invite others into bed with us) 12
Love, sex, and fantasies have limits, but dinner is meant to be shared (my partner and I have friends) 58
Most of you don't want to share your partners "I'm a jealous bitch," one person responded though at least one of you wishes you could. But a good amount of you are open to all kinds of couplings, including the most open-minded of all: "AMA all mammals allowed."
6. What gets you in the mood?
Gary Danko foie gras and a 1985 Angelos Gaja 6
Amber Pabst Blue Ribbon and a shot of well whiskey 15
The Stud tequila and Trannyshack 8
What doesn't? 54
For some of you, all you need to do is see your beau or betty and you're ready for love. Others need drugs (weed and coke are favorites) and porn.
Most Commented On
- No, I am suggesting that knowing someone's net worth, along - December 20, 2013
- That's nothing more than another envy diatribe. - December 20, 2013
- I'd like for my little girl - December 20, 2013
- War on tech? - December 20, 2013
- They do pick up riders in - December 20, 2013
- This seems well - December 20, 2013
- Are you suggesting that - December 20, 2013
- What country are you living in? - December 20, 2013
- The problem for you, Greg, is that your net worth is a decent - December 20, 2013
- Who put you in charge of douchebaggery? - December 20, 2013