Whether parsing overlapping band lineups, defunct venues, or long-out-of-print zines and records, You Weren't There strays from the master narrative of punk, recovering a local history no less vibrant for staying below the radar.
The Jamie Kennedy vehicle Heckler chooses the route of takedown rather than appreciation, serving up a feature-length revenge act on critics the title fudges the film's true target. As strangely compelling as it is to watch the likes of Jewel and Henry Winkler spill their guts, Heckler is too indulgent of its interviewees' bipolar bursts of insecurity and bullying to shape much of an, er, critique. This just in: bloggers take cheap shots at celebrities! Then again, no one likes a ... you know how it goes.
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014