Whether parsing overlapping band lineups, defunct venues, or long-out-of-print zines and records, You Weren't There strays from the master narrative of punk, recovering a local history no less vibrant for staying below the radar.
The Jamie Kennedy vehicle Heckler chooses the route of takedown rather than appreciation, serving up a feature-length revenge act on critics the title fudges the film's true target. As strangely compelling as it is to watch the likes of Jewel and Henry Winkler spill their guts, Heckler is too indulgent of its interviewees' bipolar bursts of insecurity and bullying to shape much of an, er, critique. This just in: bloggers take cheap shots at celebrities! Then again, no one likes a ... you know how it goes.
Most Commented On
- I've noticed that bike lanes are sometimes poorly-lit and - December 4, 2013
- In defense of being a d*ck - December 4, 2013
- Meth YES, Sewage disposal NO - December 4, 2013
- I see. Well, judging from the - December 4, 2013
- You can't eat art - December 4, 2013
- Because only tech workers - December 4, 2013
- You watch the 6 o'clock news? - December 4, 2013
- I never see lycra on a - December 4, 2013
- Is there a correlation between spending money - December 4, 2013
- P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N - December 4, 2013