Whether parsing overlapping band lineups, defunct venues, or long-out-of-print zines and records, You Weren't There strays from the master narrative of punk, recovering a local history no less vibrant for staying below the radar.
The Jamie Kennedy vehicle Heckler chooses the route of takedown rather than appreciation, serving up a feature-length revenge act on critics the title fudges the film's true target. As strangely compelling as it is to watch the likes of Jewel and Henry Winkler spill their guts, Heckler is too indulgent of its interviewees' bipolar bursts of insecurity and bullying to shape much of an, er, critique. This just in: bloggers take cheap shots at celebrities! Then again, no one likes a ... you know how it goes.
Most Commented On
- ryjPnPRszUs - July 23, 2014
- Important topic, sophomoric article - July 23, 2014
- How much would your proposal cost? - July 23, 2014
- GLsPUYWAqi - July 23, 2014
- Jimmy Cliff opening act - July 23, 2014
- The whole "racism against - July 23, 2014
- Clearly, Twitter employs too many Asians - July 23, 2014
- More racism from this soon to - July 23, 2014
- Who gives a shit? - July 23, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 23, 2014