Knocked unconscious after an unsettling buildup, she wakes to find herself naked, suspended from ceiling to floor in a metal-walled room he's assembled for his new pastime. Entering in a flame-retardant suit, he douses her with gasoline, then applies a blowtorch at length the grisly result patently faked by FX superimposition but horrible nonetheless.
Nothing else in this flaming Psycho imitation is so vividly appalling. But that sequence alone places House firmly in the special category of overenthusiastically female-abusive films one can't quite believe a woman actually helped produce, let alone cowrote.
Most Commented On
- The protest - March 15, 2014
- Poor progressives cannot win. If they stay pure, they achieve - March 15, 2014
- Yeah, the CCSF teachers really looked dumb when they took such - March 15, 2014
- No they don't. They become - March 15, 2014
- Watching the video, it - March 15, 2014
- There are PLENTY of taxes on - March 15, 2014
- Yes, marcos is a white male tech worker who helped to gentrify - March 15, 2014
- Exactly - the burbs carry the freight of SF's inability to - March 15, 2014
- When progressives encounter reality and power then they - March 15, 2014
- How is the appreciation on 32 - March 15, 2014