Knocked unconscious after an unsettling buildup, she wakes to find herself naked, suspended from ceiling to floor in a metal-walled room he's assembled for his new pastime. Entering in a flame-retardant suit, he douses her with gasoline, then applies a blowtorch at length the grisly result patently faked by FX superimposition but horrible nonetheless.
Nothing else in this flaming Psycho imitation is so vividly appalling. But that sequence alone places House firmly in the special category of overenthusiastically female-abusive films one can't quite believe a woman actually helped produce, let alone cowrote.
Most Commented On
- Tech companies should look past 'education' - July 23, 2014
- The # 1 SF value - July 23, 2014
- The Goldes-Ruff Fraudcraft Of MPI, Chava Energy LLC, And Aesop I - July 23, 2014
- Oddly it turns out that a - July 23, 2014
- The people who give a shit are those too - July 23, 2014
- Journalist Joe can't do self selection. - July 23, 2014
- ryjPnPRszUs - July 23, 2014
- Important topic, sophomoric article - July 23, 2014
- How much would your proposal cost? - July 23, 2014
- GLsPUYWAqi - July 23, 2014