There will be so much information swarming around us that nobody will ever be the center of attention for very long. So you may be infamous as a dork today, but in five minutes the next dork will drift across everyone's retina screens and they'll forget about your Star Wars dance as they laugh at some kid's Segway accident.
In the future, your infamy will not be remembered. Is that comforting?
I'm not entirely sure.
Annalee Newitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a surly media nerd who
did something really bad about 20 minutes ago, but you've already
forgotten about it.
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014