There will be so much information swarming around us that nobody will ever be the center of attention for very long. So you may be infamous as a dork today, but in five minutes the next dork will drift across everyone's retina screens and they'll forget about your Star Wars dance as they laugh at some kid's Segway accident.
In the future, your infamy will not be remembered. Is that comforting?
I'm not entirely sure.
Annalee Newitz (email@example.com) is a surly media nerd who
did something really bad about 20 minutes ago, but you've already
forgotten about it.
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014