There will be so much information swarming around us that nobody will ever be the center of attention for very long. So you may be infamous as a dork today, but in five minutes the next dork will drift across everyone's retina screens and they'll forget about your Star Wars dance as they laugh at some kid's Segway accident.
In the future, your infamy will not be remembered. Is that comforting?
I'm not entirely sure.
Annalee Newitz (email@example.com) is a surly media nerd who
did something really bad about 20 minutes ago, but you've already
forgotten about it.
Most Commented On
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014
- Damn The TL Is Wealthy - July 24, 2014
- no more freebies - July 24, 2014
- Prove It! - July 24, 2014
- SccEkXlzhYna - July 24, 2014
- jQzeuXpmpHkJZ - July 24, 2014
- How i got cured of Hiv - July 24, 2014