Yes, such industry moves as appearances at South by Southwest and a Late Night with Conan O'Brien debut await Thorn this month, but what ultimately seems likely to put him across is the flexibility to open for and vibe with Toby Keith while reifying the wisdom of a black roadside Pentecostal preacher.
Right now, in their desperation, the music business and the scenes that orbit it seem more open to sounds beyond the overprocessed mainstream even if the art boasts elements that tend to induce coastal prejudice like Thorn's thick-as-molasses accent and his statement to Lone Star Music that "my music's kind of like going to church with a six-pack." As for me, I'll be down at the Piggly Wiggly preparing to tote a bouquet of pig's feet and some RC Cola to this Renaissance man's South by Southwest show.
March 25, 8 p.m., $15$17
Little Fox Theatre
2215 Broadway, Redwood City
Most Commented On
- nWyijzaEtlLnuDftBw - April 19, 2014
- MvCaVFRfgT - April 19, 2014
- xPzetzErRxpNqIESLTWR - April 19, 2014
- We as in who the hell u think - April 19, 2014
- AQjLnOEVQUWTz - April 19, 2014
- N who r u Really?? - April 19, 2014
- What political BS who gives a - April 19, 2014
- JsexxdSzFSWzaupZ - April 19, 2014
- LfuYPsNiHgfUN - April 19, 2014
- XjQKvgZcEqhKG - April 19, 2014