To bring the cost of the war home, please note that California has already lost $63 billion and San Francisco has lost $1 billion to the Bush war and his mistakes. In San Francisco alone, the funds used for the war in Iraq could have been used to provide 3,144,442 homes with renewable electricity, 726,370 people with health care, or 31,528 public safety. For a further breakdown of the cost of the war to your community, see the NPP website aptly titled "turning data into action."
For more information on what the war is costing the United States visit the American Service Friends Committee website here.
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- We can also help by not using drugs. - July 29, 2014
- Sadly, new journalism appears to be little more than reading - July 29, 2014
- I'm sure Steven - July 29, 2014
- Gawker - July 29, 2014
- Um...was there ANY effort in this article - July 29, 2014
- great reporting, Joe - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Have you polled people in SF to see what percentage of them give - July 29, 2014
- spelling! - July 29, 2014