How much of the retail would serve the community? Would this become another chain-store-and-luxury-condo site with gated homes in an economically depressed area? What will the San Francisco neighborhoods that border on the site get out of it? Will there be any new parkland or open space? How will a large commercial complex there affect traffic, noise, pollution, displacement, and other environmental factors in the surrounding areas?
How on earth can you talk about selling off such a huge chunk of public land without even talking about how it will be used?
This is nuts. Yee's bill needs to be defeated, and all the parties (including the San Francisco city planners and supervisors) need to start cautious, long-term discussions about the Cow Palace, its land, and the needs of the public. Otherwise this will appear with justification to be nothing but a sellout of gargantuan proportions.
Most Commented On
- Wow. The shuttles sit in the bus stops for 30 minutes! Who knew? - December 19, 2013
- Tech Buses should be more responsible partners - December 19, 2013
- Good intentions, failed understandings - December 19, 2013
- Except that you are making that up. - December 19, 2013
- Funny, I was sitting at the same cafe - December 19, 2013
- It's sexist to want to get laid? - December 19, 2013
- And the name "Jym" identifies you? - December 19, 2013
- LOL, so if I refute you, I am a troll? - December 19, 2013
- Drunk, sexist and stupid - December 19, 2013
- How bout Nevada ? - December 19, 2013