You can tag along with their procession through North Beach on Columbus Day as long as your "uniform" is suitably absurd, but you'll know you're really in the club when you find yourself halfway to Monterey honking New Orleansstyle kazoo in the Castroville Artichoke Festival Parade.
The Musicians Action Group (Magband@aol.com), a self-described circle of "old left wingers," roots its music in the history of American activism, performing songs of the labor, antiwar, and civil rights movements. Born out of a need to make noise about social justice, MAG has played at major demonstrations and protests since 1981. The group welcomes newcomers who share their mission of supporting progressive causes with music that is historically and politically significant.
Most Commented On
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 31, 2014
- Guest is on the money - July 31, 2014
- tcTYGeyRdjlOsJzZJFnl - July 31, 2014
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014