My glee in the destruction of my own spoken language isn't entirely inspired by knowing language history
04.02.08 - 12:09 am | Annalee Newitz |
In other ways, they make us all more intelligible to one another.
Annalee Newitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a surly media nerd whose English is obsolete.
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- We can also help by not using drugs. - July 29, 2014
- Sadly, new journalism appears to be little more than reading - July 29, 2014
- I'm sure Steven - July 29, 2014
- Gawker - July 29, 2014
- Um...was there ANY effort in this article - July 29, 2014
- great reporting, Joe - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Have you polled people in SF to see what percentage of them give - July 29, 2014
- spelling! - July 29, 2014