Receive platters of flavorful food, plunge in sans silverware, and chase with copious amounts of Harar beer or steamed milk with honey. For the frugal and adventurous alike, they offer the familiar vegetarian sampler platter and a less usual meat one, plus three varieties of sambusas (stuffed East African fritters).
907 Irving, SF. (415) 691-1288
I love eating out in Berkeley period. You never have to stand in hipster hell waiting for admittance to food heaven, even on weekends. And for my money, as far as heavenly goes, you can't beat the Ghanaian grub at Tropical Paradise. Try the tastiest fried plantains in the Bay, served piping hot alongside delicately seasoned black-eyed peas a deceptively simple dish known as Red Red. The ubiquitous fermented corn dumplings (kenkey), hearty waachi, and a blood-warming "light" soup with fufu and generous portions of goat, chicken, or salmon bring Ghana to life in your mouth especially when pleasantly washed down with a spicy sweet blend of fruit and ginger.
2021 University Avenue, Berkeley, (510) 665-4380 *
Most Commented On
- ObamaCare solves that problem, Hortencia - March 14, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit her on the - March 14, 2014
- Rights are Meaningless without ENFORCEMENT - March 14, 2014
- Well, those self-selected people seem to have a lot of support - March 14, 2014
- Your Twitter rebate is in the form of an absence of the higher - March 14, 2014
- But you don't want to pay the - March 14, 2014
- I'd prefer Uber send a check to me - free cash money - March 14, 2014
- I prefer having a choice - March 14, 2014
- Yes, everywhere should be squalid just so that you can feel - March 14, 2014
- Your mistake was not buying in the Fontana Towers. - March 14, 2014