Receive platters of flavorful food, plunge in sans silverware, and chase with copious amounts of Harar beer or steamed milk with honey. For the frugal and adventurous alike, they offer the familiar vegetarian sampler platter and a less usual meat one, plus three varieties of sambusas (stuffed East African fritters).
907 Irving, SF. (415) 691-1288
I love eating out in Berkeley period. You never have to stand in hipster hell waiting for admittance to food heaven, even on weekends. And for my money, as far as heavenly goes, you can't beat the Ghanaian grub at Tropical Paradise. Try the tastiest fried plantains in the Bay, served piping hot alongside delicately seasoned black-eyed peas a deceptively simple dish known as Red Red. The ubiquitous fermented corn dumplings (kenkey), hearty waachi, and a blood-warming "light" soup with fufu and generous portions of goat, chicken, or salmon bring Ghana to life in your mouth especially when pleasantly washed down with a spicy sweet blend of fruit and ginger.
2021 University Avenue, Berkeley, (510) 665-4380 *
Most Commented On
- The analogy holds. - May 19, 2013
- Noam Chomsky does not require Faux News as a counterbalance. - May 19, 2013
- "con-whacker"; nice. - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaetcvh - May 19, 2013
- The same question could be asked of you. - May 19, 2013
- You have a problem with people sending money - May 19, 2013
- SF RE prices are up 30% in the last year. - May 19, 2013
- Bad analogy. Slaves were not paid. - May 19, 2013
- Employment is a contract between consenting adults - May 19, 2013
- So the Chinese should only be allowed to rent here? - May 19, 2013