Its multilevel back deck, barbeques, margaritas, and live salsa bands draw a mostly gay male crowd on Sundays, but you can get down with the ladies every fourth Saturday of the month, when the line to get in snakes down the block.
3158 Mission, SF. (415) 282-3325, www.elriosf.com
SAM'S ANCHOR CAFE
If the summer fog has taken even the Mission captive, escape to Sam's via the Tiburon ferry. From here, you can sip margaritas on the waterfront deck while viewing the cloud-engulfed city. Snack on fried calamari or head inside post-sunset for fine dining and seafood.
27 Main, Tiburon. (415) 435-4527, www.samscafe.com
The Pilsner doesn't serve food, but its state-of-the-art cooling system, which keeps draft beers chilled to 31 degrees, makes this Park Chow neighbor a Castro gem for gay and straight clientele. Expect to throw back a few on the garden patio with cleated patrons just back from the fields, because Pilsner Inn supports a handful of sports teams, including softball, soccer, bowling, and pool.
225 Church, SF. (415) 621-7058, www.pilsnerinn.com *
Most Commented On
- Nieto was a nutjob with a gun - April 19, 2014
- The fact that you call the police "scum" shows that you are - April 19, 2014
- So no evidence about this specific case then? - April 19, 2014
- I thought it was a very well-reasoned and informed commentary - April 19, 2014
- MifzLadaGVFAfrHZPyrE - April 19, 2014
- aPrGFUQSglRWYdCVqQEd - April 19, 2014
- emmwJxTNhUldAmR - April 19, 2014
- XgKfnknBmkZCMvCjwQ - April 19, 2014
- VNlGqkKEQFGErPtOQbm - April 19, 2014
- fjRrURcpKIToLz - April 19, 2014