Its multilevel back deck, barbeques, margaritas, and live salsa bands draw a mostly gay male crowd on Sundays, but you can get down with the ladies every fourth Saturday of the month, when the line to get in snakes down the block.
3158 Mission, SF. (415) 282-3325, www.elriosf.com
SAM'S ANCHOR CAFE
If the summer fog has taken even the Mission captive, escape to Sam's via the Tiburon ferry. From here, you can sip margaritas on the waterfront deck while viewing the cloud-engulfed city. Snack on fried calamari or head inside post-sunset for fine dining and seafood.
27 Main, Tiburon. (415) 435-4527, www.samscafe.com
The Pilsner doesn't serve food, but its state-of-the-art cooling system, which keeps draft beers chilled to 31 degrees, makes this Park Chow neighbor a Castro gem for gay and straight clientele. Expect to throw back a few on the garden patio with cleated patrons just back from the fields, because Pilsner Inn supports a handful of sports teams, including softball, soccer, bowling, and pool.
225 Church, SF. (415) 621-7058, www.pilsnerinn.com *
Most Commented On
- From your own cite, GPD, the bottom 50% pay just 2% of all - December 4, 2013
- There are many more taxes than just income tax. - December 4, 2013
- the man that help me get my ex back to me - December 4, 2013
- Do Your Own Work - December 4, 2013
- Suspending Judgment - December 4, 2013
- Like all the other biggest genre's at one time - December 4, 2013
- Got kind of excited about - December 4, 2013
- Madonna was from Detroit as well. - December 4, 2013
- don't forget techno! - December 4, 2013
- Spinning, spinning, spinning. - December 4, 2013