NIHON WHISKY LOUNGE
On the list of Nihon's special happy hour cocktail, salad, and appetizer menu, where everything's half price, is the Devil's Manhattan. This cocktail is made with 100-proof Rittenhouse Kentucky Rye, SoCo, sweet vermouth, and bitters and for a mere six bucks, is definitely worth it. Sure, Nihon's out of the way, but you probably need something from Rainbow anyway.
1779 Folsom, SF. (415) 552-4400, www.nihon-sf.com
LATIN AMERICAN CLUB
If you want to test your Jedi glass-balancing skills, order a Manhattan here on a weekend. The Manhattan here was by far the best dive bar version I tried made with Jim Beam, sweet vermouth, bitters, and a maraschino cherry, it was neither too sweet nor too strong.
3286 22nd St., SF. (415) 647-2732
CASANOVA LOUNGE and ELBO ROOM
These staple Mission bars serve reasonably priced, decent Maker's Manhattans. You might not even notice how sweet they are by your second one.
Casanova Lounge, 527 Valencia, SF. (415) 863-9328, www.casanovasf.com
Elbo Room, 647 Valencia, SF. (415) 552-7788, www.elbo.com. Not wheelchair accessible. 2
Most Commented On
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 23, 2014
- If the initiative has broad support, then money won't matter - July 23, 2014
- Yes, similar comments were made about Emma's piece on - July 23, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 23, 2014
- cjdoaXCjIQqACmte - July 23, 2014
- you point out. - July 23, 2014
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014