Green mania is old news or no news for the weekly tabloids. A quick perusal of In Touch and OK! reveals someone out there still cares about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Life & Style frets over Angelina Jolie's doc visit, while US Weekly creates a baby album for Shiloh.
Martha Stewart appears with two equally fierce-looking toy canines on the cover of her "Color" issue: the bitches are back! Every Day with Rachael Ray presents a new shorter, darker 'do for Rachael-holics to digest. Men's Vogue sports a car on the cover a mystifying first for the supposed tout le monde of men's fashion. Rolling Stone's package on the best of rock in 2008 is equally perplexing: is the year even half over? Simon Doonan's interview with Madonna is a refreshing change of pace for Elle. Wherever Madonna goes, a touch of green is sure to follow.
The Wire's oft-excellent Wire Tapper CD series entreats Magazinester to make a purchase. Cover girl Gudrun Gut doesn't. The Eddie Harris and "Funky Cuba" features in Wax Poetics are more appealing. At the end of the day, tired eyeballs turn to what's free and brave, such as the first issue of the handsome rock mini-zine Low Life. ANP Quarterly has the most stories (including ones about Hamburger Eyes, Colette, Tom of Finland, Jim Goldberg, and Emory Douglas) Magazinester wants to read. A close runner-up: Vice's fashion issue, which spotlights frilly cat costumes, Ryan McGinley's wardrobe, wildly embellished trucks, international street fashion, and, er, an investigative report on men's rooster cuts in Iran.
Most Commented On
- Bloggers aren't journalists - May 20, 2013
- Maybe so, but back when we had far more papers, we did - May 20, 2013
- Cities are communities - May 20, 2013
- Most buildings are tough to retrofit for another use. - May 20, 2013
- Rand had a very clear view of society, and ethics. - May 20, 2013
- First Amendment - May 20, 2013
- No, but at least it would be more understandable. - May 20, 2013
- Tim, these units are not competing with any units that the - May 20, 2013
- Well building use evolves, - May 20, 2013
- Xorauguynakxeqz - May 20, 2013