He became the guy in the Versace pants."). But his disillusionment hasn't stopped Drucker from continuing to apply the core hip-hop tenets contrived or no that he forged as a young fan to his music.
In case you were wondering, those beliefs include: (1) the thing where "you were always in the dark in a park and you hafta be ready to fucking fight for the meat on the hide this battle mind," (2) "You can't do the same thing twice that's for old people and studio gangstas," and (3) "Steal, steal, steal. But you do it with fucking respect you want to be accountable for that shit, and you want to be able to see those people and somehow possibly say, without feeling like a douche-bag, 'You inspire me. I made music out of your music.'<0x2009>"
Hell, Drucker added merrily, "It's just a large-form steal. There are no boundaries. Unfortunately it's a little annoying sometimes, but mostly all's fair in love and hanging out with me."
With Facing New York and Clue to Kalo
Wed/7, 9 p.m., $15
Great American Music Hall
859 O'Farrell, SF
HITTIN' TOWN: METAL BON MOTS AND ELFIN FOLK
Hell Bent for Letters (Alternative Tentacles), indeed. The combo issues short, sharp metal bons mots to their beloved sci-fi and fantasy writers. Fri/9, 9:30 p.m., $8. Eli's Mile High Club, 3629 MLK Jr. Way, Oakl. www.oaklandmilehigh.com. Sat/10, call for time, free. Dark Carnival Books, 3086 Claremont, Berk. (510) 595-7637. Sat/10, 9 p.m., $10. Annie's Social Club, 917 Folsom, SF. www.anniessocialclub.com
POI DOG PONDERING
With a new album in paw, the Hawaii-Chicago transplants puzzle over the folk-rock good times once again. Sat/10, 9 p.m., $21. Great American Music Hall, 859 O'Farrell, SF. www.gamh.com
FERN KNIGHT AND EX REVERIE
No, there is no Fern. Philly combo Fern Knight nurtures Margaret Wienk's acoustic-electronic musings. Having transitioned from death metal to elfin folk, Ex Reverie's Gillian Chadwick turns in a gorgeous The Door into Summer, released on Greg Weeks' Language of Stone imprint. With Mariee Sioux. Sun/11, 9 p.m., $8. Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. www.hemlocktavern.com
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014