The Moscone Center is big enough, Mauskopf said, "but they wouldn't touch an event of this ilk." He added that the ball's coordinators regularly receive letters from law enforcement commending them on the lack of trouble they cause.
"There are things we really like about the Cow Palace, which includes the fact that they kind of let the event happen the way it needs to happen," Mauskopf said. "It's big enough. That's the most important thing. And they have a very high-quality ticket office that really knows how to deal with consumers."
Most Commented On
- The future of Piers 30-32 - July 22, 2014
- Have the local Stalinists - July 22, 2014
- Revitalized - July 22, 2014
- Supes to vote on Avalos' "Let's Elect Our Elected Officials" - July 22, 2014
- Treading water - July 22, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 22, 2014
- My stars! - July 22, 2014
- Nonprofit workers shout down Board of Supervisors meeting, 11 - July 22, 2014
- Sounds like awesomeness! - July 22, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 22, 2014