I have to admit I have nothing particularly pithy to say about legal gay marriage. I'm for it. I'm a lot more for it than some of my gayest friends are, as a matter of fact: they're in the "Why should we beg you to let us pretend to be just like you?" camp, while I'm over here in the "It's not fair that I should get to claim a certain kind of legitimacy for my relationship that you don't get for yours" camp. They pat me on the head. Me, I'm just dorky enough to be all rejoice-y about this, and hope that my Midwestern friend's "spousal unit" gets to make an honest woman of her after, oh, 15 years and two kids. And how can any event that occasions this headline "Star Trek's George Takei to Marry Longtime Partner" fail to produce a "Woo!" and a "Hoo!"?
Andrea is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question! Send her your tedious e-mail forwards! On second thought, don't do that. Just ask her a question.
Andrea is also teaching two classes: "You've Really Got Your Hands Full" a realistic look at having twins at Birthways in Berkeley, and "Is There Sex After Motherhood?" at Day One Center in San Francisco and other venues.
Most Commented On
- Well said Marcos - December 22, 2013
- The buses ARE the riders. No - December 22, 2013
- Regarding Paula Tejada- rent - December 21, 2013
- Do you like music from the - December 21, 2013
- Yeah, I remember when - December 21, 2013
- So you rather them drive to - December 21, 2013
- That's absurd and you know - December 21, 2013
- Too funny - December 21, 2013
- So because someone is wrong on one thing - December 21, 2013
- What's more, it's a myth - December 21, 2013