I have to admit I have nothing particularly pithy to say about legal gay marriage. I'm for it. I'm a lot more for it than some of my gayest friends are, as a matter of fact: they're in the "Why should we beg you to let us pretend to be just like you?" camp, while I'm over here in the "It's not fair that I should get to claim a certain kind of legitimacy for my relationship that you don't get for yours" camp. They pat me on the head. Me, I'm just dorky enough to be all rejoice-y about this, and hope that my Midwestern friend's "spousal unit" gets to make an honest woman of her after, oh, 15 years and two kids. And how can any event that occasions this headline "Star Trek's George Takei to Marry Longtime Partner" fail to produce a "Woo!" and a "Hoo!"?
Andrea is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question! Send her your tedious e-mail forwards! On second thought, don't do that. Just ask her a question.
Andrea is also teaching two classes: "You've Really Got Your Hands Full" a realistic look at having twins at Birthways in Berkeley, and "Is There Sex After Motherhood?" at Day One Center in San Francisco and other venues.
Most Commented On
- Like your love of transit experts - July 25, 2014
- Follow the Money - July 25, 2014
- Chiu introduces legislation to regulate Airbnb and short-term - July 25, 2014
- CIVBkItdZd - July 25, 2014
- Gourmand or gourmet? - July 25, 2014
- Vote the bums out - July 25, 2014
- Why did you ask him about royalties? - July 25, 2014
- More racism from Greg - July 25, 2014
- Work on your reading comprehension - July 25, 2014
- Shut up, troll. - July 25, 2014