To return to my earlier point, I don't buy for a minute the idea that at some point everyone including the rich and politically connected will be subjected to the same scrutiny as those people whose phone records were illegally handed over the to NSA by AT&T. The powerful will continue to have old-fashioned privacy, while the rest of us must get used to living without it.
Annalee Newitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a surly media nerd who tried to hide behind a crowd once but they dispersed.
Most Commented On
- Who y'all accusing of slander, no-name coward? - June 19, 2013
- Some made up fake name is no more credible than "Anon". - June 19, 2013
- Ashamed of your given name, 'Anon'? - June 19, 2013
- Community Seeks Say In How SF Grows - June 19, 2013
- The End of an Era Not of a Legacy - June 19, 2013
- New Order - June 19, 2013
- Wrong, Ann, we've already seen the problem when the SFBG is - June 19, 2013
- This is scandalous slander. - June 19, 2013
- hey hey - June 19, 2013
- Any chance we can lose this insane obsession with PG&E now? - June 19, 2013