Most of those who only fantasize have no wish to follow through, but I'll also wager that inability to find a willing partner keeps some in the fantasy-only camp. If one of them wrote me (oh, they have, they have) wondering how to broach the subject with a would-be partner, I'd probably say, "Whatever you do, don't do what Don't Tell Me's date did." It's hard to imagine a clumsier approach than blurting out "Shit on me!" in the midst of passion, without so much as a "by your leave." Well, actually shitting on a person, all spontaneous-like, would be worse, but let's not even speak of that.
I don't think that someone having a disgusting desire is in and of itself so terrible. One can always say, "No, thank you" and no harm done, after all. Not realizing that most young ladies won't take kindly to such a demand, however, demonstrates such a profound emotional tone deafness that I really must wonder about your new boyfriend. Or rather, your exnew boyfriend. Spontaneity is nice, but some subjects require a more formal introduction.
Andrea is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question! Send her your tedious e-mail forwards! On second thought, don't do that. Just ask her a question.
Editor's note: This column originally ran on Dec. 28, 2004.
Most Commented On
- BY FAR THE BEST!!! - July 31, 2014
- So it is an accounting - July 31, 2014
- pRDLmRCmzFeqblZ - July 31, 2014
- Japanese dreams | SF Bay Guardian - July 31, 2014
- XvYhbXYBekpQxEl - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- Richard Gere Garza - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- Wrong, cross-charging between cost centers is routine in - July 31, 2014
- and J Hayes White as Fire Chief - July 31, 2014