a short while after we happily started lubing with E, I got a urinary tract infection and have since read numerous lists of suggestions for avoiding UTIs that all seemed to mention specifically using a water-based lubricant. I feel somewhat weird about asking my doctor this question, so I'm turning to you: are "natural" but non-water-based lubes such as vitamin E oil bad for one's inner girly parts, or have I wrongly linked a few coincidental events?
Gimme an E?
You're right that it could be a coincidence, but I'm betting it's not. I don't know what kind of carrier oil was used for the vitamin E, but whatever it is, your vagina probably doesn't know how to get rid of it. I completely agree that water-based lubes are essentially unsatisfactory, but luckily one does not have to reach for weird, random substances off the supplement shelf. What you want is a nice silicone lube, of which there are many. You can get them flavored if that's your scene, but most are taste- and scent-free, non-irritating, non-drying, and so slippery they are actually kind of dangerous and you really want to watch where you prop the bottle between applications. You will love them and you will thank me.
Got a salacious subject you want Andrea to discuss? Ask her a question!
Also, Andrea is teaching! Contact her if you're interested in (sex)life after baby classes. Her new blog is at www.gogetyourjacket.com, but don't look there for the butt sex. There isn't any.
Most Commented On
- Money for political footsoldiers - July 29, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 29, 2014
- Ed Lee has revealed himself - July 29, 2014
- Clearly someone who is almost - July 29, 2014
- virtually all of Jane Kim's - July 29, 2014
- Without debt, wealth cannot be created. - July 29, 2014
- Goodday My name is Kate - July 29, 2014
- uVMWamJWwNQ - July 29, 2014
- All great and important - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014