Aaron Peskin was working on the Green Building Ordinance last year, the big question was how to create incentives encouraging people to reuse historic buildings. They devised a system awarding points toward their mandated green building requirement for retaining historic features, and keeping the windows represents a big chunk of the points.
"It's about the truth of the building and the preservation ethos," said Cara Bertron, Page and Turnbull's cultural resources specialist. "Those are really hard things to articulate to people who may see the energy savings as worth it."
Most Commented On
- "con-whacker"; nice. - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaetcvh - May 19, 2013
- The same question could be asked of you. - May 19, 2013
- You have a problem with people sending money - May 19, 2013
- SF RE prices are up 30% in the last year. - May 19, 2013
- Bad analogy. Slaves were not paid. - May 19, 2013
- Employment is a contract between consenting adults - May 19, 2013
- So the Chinese should only be allowed to rent here? - May 19, 2013
- And yet Randy must be very effective otherwise - May 19, 2013
- No names, cases or specific references then? - May 19, 2013