Aaron Peskin was working on the Green Building Ordinance last year, the big question was how to create incentives encouraging people to reuse historic buildings. They devised a system awarding points toward their mandated green building requirement for retaining historic features, and keeping the windows represents a big chunk of the points.
"It's about the truth of the building and the preservation ethos," said Cara Bertron, Page and Turnbull's cultural resources specialist. "Those are really hard things to articulate to people who may see the energy savings as worth it."
Most Commented On
- The think you don't have to - December 11, 2013
- Why? - December 11, 2013
- Overbust Corset - December 11, 2013
- thank you - December 11, 2013
- Ewww A Slapfest! - December 11, 2013
- Who Cares About Oakland? - December 11, 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/watch - December 10, 2013
- Google bus video - December 10, 2013
- oh help help - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013