Perhaps better for drinking than dining, you might want to check this place out on Fridays in October, when there's live polka music.
240 Front, SF. (415) 421-4778, www.schroederssf.com
This beautiful Alameda outpost is an ideal option for those in the East Bay. The space is large, light, and sophisticated, including a beer garden illuminated by white lights and candles. Ideal for large celebrations and romantic dinners, this place features lots of beers on tap, a phenomenal wine list (by the glass and bottle), and a full bar, including a menu with several German-style cocktails (think fig vodka). The spaetzle and sauerkraut were both too greasy and the bread basket was unimpressive, but the atmosphere was perfect.
2425 Lincoln, Alameda. (510) 522-1300, www.speisekammer.com
Most Commented On
- Distraction from Reality does NOT change TRUTH ... - March 12, 2014
- Colored People of Color - March 12, 2014
- Olds on the internets - March 12, 2014
- The rule is four or maybe - March 12, 2014
- How would one expect outside - March 12, 2014
- At what point, and more - March 12, 2014
- PUT A PICTURE if you want - March 12, 2014
- I'm just asking questions - March 12, 2014
- Taxi Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Good luck SFBG/Ex - screw the Chron if they're doin that - March 12, 2014