Extra points for its daily happy hour: $2.50 well drinks from 4-7 p.m.
3259 Pierce, SF. (415) 567-4466, www.monaghanssf.com
KEZAR PUB & RESTAURANT
Two words: chicken wings. They're damned spicy, but the zing doesn't linger uncomfortably on your lips or in your throat for hours afterward. Or maybe it does, and I just eat so fast and drink so much I don't notice. Either way, they're a perfect addition to a pitcher of Coors and a soccer game. For dinner, choose from fish and chips, barbecued sandwiches, and salads. Plasma televisions transmit all kinds of sports, from baseball to rugby, and the pool tables and large seating areas draw crowds you'll want to party with.
770 Stanyan, SF. (415) 386-9292
MAD DOG IN THE FOG
This super mellow hole-in-the-Haight draws everyone from free-spirited bohos to scholars downing extra-large pitchers of Anchor Steam, Guinness, and almost every other kind of beer. You can't order food, but check out the killer German sausage joint across the street. Nosh on one at Mad Dog while watching European football and playing pop trivia on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This combo is right on the money.
530 Haight, SF. (415) 626-7279
Most Commented On
- Progressives are so certain that they are right 100% of the time - March 14, 2014
- Or people buy black market cigs in the same way that they buy - March 14, 2014
- Can someone please explain to - March 14, 2014
- People don't NEED a lot of - March 14, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - March 14, 2014
- Yep, he is just playing the race card - March 14, 2014
- I always shop at Colma and Serramonte anyway - March 14, 2014
- Government by zip code is discrimination - March 14, 2014
- BS - March 14, 2014
- Everyone knows to buy the ugliest home on the block so that - March 14, 2014