Extra points for its daily happy hour: $2.50 well drinks from 4-7 p.m.
3259 Pierce, SF. (415) 567-4466, www.monaghanssf.com
KEZAR PUB & RESTAURANT
Two words: chicken wings. They're damned spicy, but the zing doesn't linger uncomfortably on your lips or in your throat for hours afterward. Or maybe it does, and I just eat so fast and drink so much I don't notice. Either way, they're a perfect addition to a pitcher of Coors and a soccer game. For dinner, choose from fish and chips, barbecued sandwiches, and salads. Plasma televisions transmit all kinds of sports, from baseball to rugby, and the pool tables and large seating areas draw crowds you'll want to party with.
770 Stanyan, SF. (415) 386-9292
MAD DOG IN THE FOG
This super mellow hole-in-the-Haight draws everyone from free-spirited bohos to scholars downing extra-large pitchers of Anchor Steam, Guinness, and almost every other kind of beer. You can't order food, but check out the killer German sausage joint across the street. Nosh on one at Mad Dog while watching European football and playing pop trivia on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This combo is right on the money.
530 Haight, SF. (415) 626-7279
Most Commented On
- "Social justice" is the new weasel phrase. - March 13, 2014
- Everyone supports the idea of cleaner energy - March 13, 2014
- It's more like he can't - March 13, 2014
- what the voters support - March 13, 2014
- I'm not "paid by the - March 13, 2014
- Vegan lesbian heirloom mushroom collective? Tee hee. - March 13, 2014
- Only an idiot who knows - March 13, 2014
- "Alt?" - March 13, 2014
- No, the city doesn't give any money to corporations. - March 13, 2014
- When is Mar termed out? - March 13, 2014