1A could be a major boon for the Bay Area, funding improvements in Caltrain's peninsula corridor and possibly a new rail line over the Altamont Pass.
•<\!s>"The high-speed train system will reduce California's dependence on fossil fuels and foreign oil a reduction of 12 billion pounds of CO2 and 12.7 million barrels of oil per year by 2030."
•<\!s>"High-speed trains will alleviate the need to build at a cost of nearly $100 billion about 3,000 miles of new freeway plus five airport runways and 90 departure gates over the next two decades."
Source: California High-Speed Train Business Plan
Most Commented On
- I Am With You Brothers And Sisters - December 6, 2013
- The last word you typed is - December 6, 2013
- Did someone push your - December 6, 2013
- Liebe Wetzel - December 6, 2013
- Your blog made me feel that - December 6, 2013
- Defining San Francisco - December 5, 2013
- Robots can't cook the food - December 5, 2013
- Bring on the automated - December 5, 2013
- Supporting local artists & performances - December 5, 2013
- A local non-profit will chose - December 5, 2013