1A could be a major boon for the Bay Area, funding improvements in Caltrain's peninsula corridor and possibly a new rail line over the Altamont Pass.
•<\!s>"The high-speed train system will reduce California's dependence on fossil fuels and foreign oil a reduction of 12 billion pounds of CO2 and 12.7 million barrels of oil per year by 2030."
•<\!s>"High-speed trains will alleviate the need to build at a cost of nearly $100 billion about 3,000 miles of new freeway plus five airport runways and 90 departure gates over the next two decades."
Source: California High-Speed Train Business Plan
Most Commented On
- There is an easy solution to all of this - May 19, 2013
- Good To See You Are Coming Around - May 19, 2013
- If your assumption is all - May 19, 2013
- Wrong, Johnny. You can get US citizenship if you are - May 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaciyxp - May 19, 2013
- I'll take that over arm sales any day. - May 19, 2013
- "Give Them a Job" - May 19, 2013
- Exactly, my contributions are on record while - May 19, 2013
- Agreed, and the same applies of course to - May 19, 2013
- Ah, so you admit that you have never given a penny to - May 19, 2013