The Milk Issue: St. Harvey inflames, but does he inspire?
Both those shows were beautiful — and helped keep Harvey's story in play. Milk, however hagiographic, will probably do the same. That's great, and if it inspires the community to finally fund the Historical Society enough to establish a queer history museum here — a sickening absence in San Francisco, of all places — we may be able to at last live and learn from the past rather than just light a candle to it.
For most queers now, though, the thought of Harvey Milk brings only grave tears and intimations of tragedy. Maybe the current emergency will finally break the glass around St. Harvey and inspire us to take the practical examples he left us seriously.
Most Commented On
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014
- San Francisco needs - July 26, 2014
- Artificial turf - July 26, 2014
- Moron - July 26, 2014
- Golden Gate Park, an - July 26, 2014
- What a monumental waste of everyones time - July 26, 2014
- Are You A Bot? - July 26, 2014
- Oh Bullshit - July 26, 2014
- How Much Do You Make? - July 26, 2014