"America has grown old, we've grown wealthy, but we have yet to grow up." But he ended his speech on an upbeat note, saying this age of conservation and greater awareness will create what Sly Stone called the "age of everyday people."
This year's Green Festival exposed attendees to nontraditional environmental problems that pollute our social environment. The take-away from this new focus was that "going green" involves more than just driving a hybrid car and shifting to compact fluorescent lights it means truly transforming our communities.
Most Commented On
- Greg join Walmart investors - July 24, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 24, 2014
- The US spends billions to fight Ebola and Marburg too - July 24, 2014
- BUgBvGEJFp - July 24, 2014
- And yet Israel spends millions to fight it. - July 24, 2014
- Your Imagination - July 24, 2014
- It's a complicated issue - July 24, 2014
- this doesn't even make sense - July 24, 2014
- You Are Really In LaLa Land There - July 24, 2014
- Cities Are Green - July 24, 2014