"America has grown old, we've grown wealthy, but we have yet to grow up." But he ended his speech on an upbeat note, saying this age of conservation and greater awareness will create what Sly Stone called the "age of everyday people."
This year's Green Festival exposed attendees to nontraditional environmental problems that pollute our social environment. The take-away from this new focus was that "going green" involves more than just driving a hybrid car and shifting to compact fluorescent lights it means truly transforming our communities.
Most Commented On
- You've missed the point. No - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Also in our club is a lawyer - May 24, 2013
- The very definition of risk - May 24, 2013
- I'm not the one who left that - May 24, 2013
- No one ever said the landlord - May 24, 2013
- The entire idea that moving - May 24, 2013
- Yes, I can. RC isn't going - May 24, 2013
- Except that I can afford it. - May 24, 2013
- Pot Ammiano Commedy - May 24, 2013