"The irony of ironies is the stopping of the bike plan."
Last week the TA released a Draft Environmental Impact Report for the San Francisco Bicycle Plan. With almost 900 days since the last new bike lane was constructed, the new bike plan will allow a roughly 75 percent increase to the current network..
San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Executive Director Leah Shahum expressed hope in the potential of the new EIR, slated to be approved this spring, after which the plan will be finalized and the city can go back to court to try to get the injunction lifted.
"The draft EIR is definitely a big step toward completion, but more needs to be done," she said. "The ridiculous exercise of slowing the bike plan down is a great case for why we need environmental review reform."
Most Commented On
- Some locations are better for the homeless than others - March 14, 2014
- What progressives are happy about here - March 14, 2014
- Being played like fiddles - March 14, 2014
- The influx of better off residents would increase the pressure - March 14, 2014
- I don't get it - March 14, 2014
- Still looks like a non issue to me - March 14, 2014
- Do you mean the 8Wash that you needed a billionaire on your side - March 14, 2014
- Seems to me the cops were just doing their job - March 14, 2014
- Greg, not every official needs to be appointed. - March 14, 2014
- New England - March 14, 2014