Kessler says that Greenpeace will continue to pursue its direct action strategy while working with the Obama administration's new team.
"There is a lot of hope that he's going to do the right thing," Smith said.
Lucy Pearce, a campaign leader from the British organization Stop Climate Chaos, urged the Crissy Field crowd to push for bold action on the climate change in the coming year: "We have to keep the pressure on and make sure that we don't just rest on hope. We've actually got to deliver on climate change."
Most Commented On
- I see nothing but objections - July 11, 2014
- FIx the potholes. - July 11, 2014
- "Let's do it for Harvey!" - July 11, 2014
- The good witches of music tech - July 11, 2014
- Government Interference - July 11, 2014
- If you're underwater on your mortgage in San Francisco - July 11, 2014
- Just wondering - July 11, 2014
- Lawyers love Campos - July 11, 2014
- Recology contract - July 11, 2014
- Affordable defined - July 11, 2014