E-40 featuring Lil John, "Turf Drop" (BME/Reprise) and Urxed, Car Clutch, and Soft Circle live at Triple Base
Fucking incredible! And the Triple Base show pretty much made everyone's "show of the year."
4. Lil Wayne, "A Millie" (Cash Money/Young Money/Universal)
This song completely saves the rest of this half-assed, boring, and otherwise overhyped record.
5. Matmos, Supreme Balloon (Matador)
Dude, they always deliver!
6. Bleachy Bleachy Bleach
It's sort of like Cobra Killer being thrown into a fryer, but made by super young Bay Area suburban girls whose first "big band" that they got into, at age 14, was Wolf Eyes.
7. Disaster's LP and Barr's new songs live
I was lucky enough to see the few performances that he made it to, after he cancelled most of his shows for this year. As far as his alter ego, Disaster, goes I like it because people think the record player is broken when you listen to the album.
8. The Younger Lovers, Newest Romantic (Retard Disco)
Full disclosure: I recorded four songs on it. This is a band started by a friend I grew up with named Brontez. Highly recommended.
9. Fatal Bazooka, "Parle a Ma" (Warner)
While on tour in France we were tortured by mainstream French radio. Fortunately, this song was a big hit at the time. Thank God we don't speak much French, because I am 100 percent positive that the lyrics fucking suck.
10. Quintron, Too Thirsty 4 Love (Goner)
The best album cover and best opening song. It's tragic that bands like My Chemical Romance are so huge and have pushed such genius artists as Quintron and Miss Pussycat into such obscurity.
Most Commented On
- Artists are doing what they love to do. - December 5, 2013
- So affordability has nothing to do with money? - December 5, 2013
- We don't want to be recruited into any movement that a dick - December 5, 2013
- Srill awaiting ANSWERS and VIDEOS from Police Dept and Chief - December 5, 2013
- Financial support is way different - December 5, 2013
- By not allowing for 150 years of inflation, you made a basic - December 5, 2013
- Since cyclists often do not obey white lines anyway, why do - December 5, 2013
- It was a metaphor. - December 5, 2013
- The fact that you think his bad-tempered rant is "reasonable" - December 5, 2013
- Homeowners add stability to any neighborhood. - December 5, 2013