consultant Eric Jaye.
MY GOD, YOU WOULDN'T WANT ANY HUNGRY PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY EAT THE MAYOR'S FOOD
Newsom spent more than $50,000 in city money protecting his slow-food victory garden near City Hall from homeless people.
I'M HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU, AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU ANYTHING AND YOU DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS
Newsom appeared before the Board of Supervisors to discuss his budget cuts, but didn't actually hand out the budget proposal. Press aides handled that job two hours later.
SINCE THAT APPROACH HAS WORKED SO WELL WITH RAPE VICTIMS
Sam Singer, a $400-per-hour flak for the San Francisco Zoo, sought to blame the victims of a tiger attack by saying that they were drunk and asking for it.
WE'LL GET THOSE BUGGERS AND THEIR LITTLE DOGS, TOO
California officials threatened to bombard the Bay Area by spraying hazardous moth pheromones from helicopters to eradicate an agricultural pest that has probably been around for decades and will almost certainly survive the assault anyway.
YOUR RATEPAYER DOLLARS AT WORK
PG&E spent $10 million to fight a public power proposal.
THE CROWDS CHEERED A DRAMATIC EVENT AS THE OLYMPIC SPIRIT OF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION CAME TO ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREAT CITIES . . . OH WAIT, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOMEWHERE ELSE
Newsom decided to avoid protests by keeping the route of the Olympic torch relay secret.
ANOTHER SIGN OF POLITICAL BRILLIANCE FROM THE MAN WHO WOULD BE GOVERNOR
Newsom tried to mess with the supervisors by having voters support his Community Justice Center, which the voters then rejected.
WHEN THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS LEFT FOR THE WORLD'S GREAT RELIGIONS TO SPEND MONEY ON
The San Francisco Catholic archbishop helped convince Mormon leaders to join him in pouring millions of dollars into defeating same-sex marriage.
Most Commented On
- take her to both! - July 23, 2014
- The Beach Boys - July 23, 2014
- Defending corrupt unions - July 23, 2014
- It's a myth that socially responsible investment - July 23, 2014
- I don't quite get the indie rock connection here either - July 23, 2014
- Blame the Rent Control - July 23, 2014
- It would appear that many, many people love the new condos - July 23, 2014
- So long as the Mayor's Office - July 23, 2014
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014
- Hey, Marke, you provided all the amusing material here - July 23, 2014