The Land Use committee will be crucial as the Eastern Neighborhoods plan is implemented; Chiu needs to appoint a progressive chair and majority.
Save LAFCO. The Local Agency Formation Commission is the only board committee that has public power and energy policy as its primary agenda. Budget-cutters (spurred by PG&E, which more than any other company is responsible for the budget crisis) have made LAFCO a target; Chiu needs to make it clear immediately that LAFCO will remain in place, with strong appointments and a chair committed to making community choice aggregation work and pursuing public power as the largest potential new revenue source for the city.
Chiu has promised to work with the mayor, which is fine. But first he needs to show the progressives who elected him that he's also ready to do battle.
Most Commented On
- Most of the families I know - May 19, 2013
- They love unicorns and Santa Claus too - May 19, 2013
- The difference is perspective... - May 19, 2013
- You're correct, but I sense - May 19, 2013
- Ignoranc - May 19, 2013
- Support for the Ban????? - May 19, 2013
- "you have black and hispanic - May 19, 2013
- Wrong. Renting will be the - May 19, 2013
- That's what makes it a beloved San Francisco event - May 19, 2013
- Two thirds of San Franciscans do not own their homes - May 19, 2013