The Land Use committee will be crucial as the Eastern Neighborhoods plan is implemented; Chiu needs to appoint a progressive chair and majority.
Save LAFCO. The Local Agency Formation Commission is the only board committee that has public power and energy policy as its primary agenda. Budget-cutters (spurred by PG&E, which more than any other company is responsible for the budget crisis) have made LAFCO a target; Chiu needs to make it clear immediately that LAFCO will remain in place, with strong appointments and a chair committed to making community choice aggregation work and pursuing public power as the largest potential new revenue source for the city.
Chiu has promised to work with the mayor, which is fine. But first he needs to show the progressives who elected him that he's also ready to do battle.
Most Commented On
- Too late - April 17, 2014
- Homeowner (noun): one that - April 17, 2014
- This is true, and moreover the universe of net beneficiaries of - April 17, 2014
- LKbaaByfxUuHzupWL - April 17, 2014
- WE pay OUR taxes - April 17, 2014
- aVSzicDusmzArZcOR - April 17, 2014
- The new generation of San - April 17, 2014
- Yes, much of Greg's ideology is rooted in envy. - April 17, 2014
- Public comments are almost always a waste of time - April 17, 2014
- ETMUxocYYiwANXioJal - April 17, 2014