The Land Use committee will be crucial as the Eastern Neighborhoods plan is implemented; Chiu needs to appoint a progressive chair and majority.
Save LAFCO. The Local Agency Formation Commission is the only board committee that has public power and energy policy as its primary agenda. Budget-cutters (spurred by PG&E, which more than any other company is responsible for the budget crisis) have made LAFCO a target; Chiu needs to make it clear immediately that LAFCO will remain in place, with strong appointments and a chair committed to making community choice aggregation work and pursuing public power as the largest potential new revenue source for the city.
Chiu has promised to work with the mayor, which is fine. But first he needs to show the progressives who elected him that he's also ready to do battle.
Most Commented On
- Lol are you going to report - December 9, 2013
- the persistent attitude. . . - December 9, 2013
- Ok see your problem is you - December 9, 2013
- Def not part of an organized PR campaign - December 9, 2013
- "Besides, this is still a - December 9, 2013
- " noting only that he had - December 9, 2013
- The Issue is The Suburbs Are Also Anti-Development, Like SF - December 9, 2013
- BREAKING NEWS: Shoddy "Journalists" Congratulate Selves - December 9, 2013
- Google and others probably - December 9, 2013
- I'm not from a snobby school, - December 9, 2013