There's such a difference between being used to being on the outside of the fence, behind the barricade, screaming because it's the only way to be heard. Is that going to change? Are we going to be inside the fence?"
She recalled Obama's campaign observation that "change doesn't come from Washington, change comes to Washington." She's hoping the Obama team's outreach will continue.
"We're at a really strange and critical time," Ojea said. "As Van says, in America, in terms of the economy, the floor has dropped out from under us. But with the election of Obama, the ceiling has come off. There's a lot of opportunity, and things could also go downhill. What are we going to do?"
Most Commented On
- Recology Rate Review Process - July 11, 2014
- All in: author and activist Julia Serano talks 'Excluded' - July 11, 2014
- It's amusing how rent control - July 11, 2014
- Sanity? - July 11, 2014
- If Recology employed the number of people needed to reverse - July 11, 2014
- That's odd because I thought America was all about liberty and - July 11, 2014
- Christina Flores, that is total crap - July 11, 2014
- What's in the green bins - July 11, 2014
- +1 Greg. - July 11, 2014
- HI LOD - July 11, 2014