There's such a difference between being used to being on the outside of the fence, behind the barricade, screaming because it's the only way to be heard. Is that going to change? Are we going to be inside the fence?"
She recalled Obama's campaign observation that "change doesn't come from Washington, change comes to Washington." She's hoping the Obama team's outreach will continue.
"We're at a really strange and critical time," Ojea said. "As Van says, in America, in terms of the economy, the floor has dropped out from under us. But with the election of Obama, the ceiling has come off. There's a lot of opportunity, and things could also go downhill. What are we going to do?"
Most Commented On
- google genentech, UCSF bus BS - May 24, 2013
- what's up with all the weirdo - May 24, 2013
- ''Kinda Creepy With All The Sex Shit'' - May 24, 2013
- True, Scram, I also get why Tim brought JW in. - May 24, 2013
- Plus, even skilled union - May 24, 2013
- Nah, Oakland is nowhere close to being gentrified. - May 24, 2013
- Another Thing I Learned On The Radio - May 24, 2013
- Yep, he is obviously feeling guilty about something. - May 24, 2013
- Tim Redmond... For real, this new guys sucks. Like, really bad. - May 24, 2013
- Oakland's gain is Oakland's - May 24, 2013