San Francisco is a great place to get laid. Beginning with the brothels of the frontier era and moving right through history to the gay-rights and free-love movements, we're a city particularly adept at providing, supporting, and celebrating sexual exploration. Is it a coincidence that our seven-by-seven mile utopia-by-the-sea also happens to be brimming with attractive, talented, and adventurous folks who always seem only a step away from jumping into each other's beds?
Not that this isn't also a great place to be in love. With some of the world's finest restaurants, sexiest art and music, best-jukeboxed dive bars, and easy-to-access outdoor locales, it's hard to imagine a better date city. And thanks to our open-minded culture, that means all kinds of dates: homo, hetero, poly, furry, you name it.
In this year's installment of G-Spot, we attempt to straddle (pun intended) love and lust. We've also compiled a list of our favorite parties, events, and classes for singles and couples.
But wait! That's not all! We're also excited to launch our brand-spanking new (and yes, we'll probably talk about spanking) SEX SF blog, featuring all that's sexy, steamy, and salacious about the Bay, including our guide to hosting your very own orgy. Call it the Guardian's valentine to you (and yes, we expect you to put out).
Molly Freedenberg, G-Spot editor
10 aphrodisiacs that'll jump-start your sex life
>>Letter your love
Select sentimental stationery instead of pricey presents
>>Isn't it ironic?
Hipsters and the emergence of altporn
>>Valentine's Day events
Sexy, sweet, and snarky ideas for singles and couples
Most Commented On
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014
- Steven reminds me of Bat Kid sometimes. - April 16, 2014
- they can try - April 16, 2014
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014
- Muni has an abysmal farebox recovery rate as it is - April 16, 2014
- "Planetary climate emergency!!!" - April 16, 2014
- Yeah, glad they made Muni - April 16, 2014