To me they were scones, and great, and the pasty, by virtue of being something new, was special: ground beef in gravy with carrots, onions, and potatoes all wrapped up in this sopping greasy flaky crumbly pastry dough.
Which I am still picking out of my seats.
And the camaraderie is killing me. But what are you going to do? I live in a world that defines itself, and its parts and people, historically. It's a song. About bacon. And it's over now, so stop dancing already and wish me weight.
Daily: 7 a.m.8 p.m.
5625 Geary, SF
Full Bar next door
L.E. Leone's new book is Big Bend (Sparkle Street Books), a collection of short fiction.
Most Commented On
- Ah, but Probal Young, - July 24, 2014
- SFBG doesn't want to be post-racial because - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- Don't you hate it when the workers at one office do not - July 24, 2014
- Yesterday I quoted here one of Emma's racist diatribes from her - July 24, 2014
- zfCgWrlMHe - July 24, 2014
- 100% wrong, Patrick, Muni is massively over-funded - July 24, 2014
- I don't recall that but it's a great idea - July 24, 2014
- When an all-white union-busting newspaper calls out - July 24, 2014
- IDlNVOtnLvuLQOcXy - July 24, 2014