In honor of the restaurant’s 10th anniversary, a special prix-fixe menu is available every night of 2009 (!) for $36 per person ($55 with wine pairings, including a dessert wine pour), though menu items and wine flights change daily (I hear so far the Pot de Creme has been seen on the prix fixe menu, along with dishes like Fried Oysters with spinach, smoked bacon and preserved lemon).
2534 Mission Street
Mission Beach Cafe ushers in Pot Pie Sundays and Let Them Eat Cake!
One of my favorite cafes for its eclectic decor, friendly service, and, best of all, Blue Bottle coffee and amazing house-made pastries, Mission Beach Cafe further sweetens the 'hood with two new specials. Pastry chef Alan Carter is already known at MBC for his flakey pot pies - that's what baking and living in Paris did for him. Lucky us, he's sharing his pot pie magic skills every Sunday night creating pies filled with rabbit, beef, duck or veggies. Sounds like a perfect winter dinner to me. On Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, you can further rack up the calories (happily so) with a Let Them Eat Cake offer from 5:30–6:30 pm: a free slice of cake with each entrée ordered. Knowing how decadent the pastries and pies are, I've no doubt the cakes will give you sweet dreams, too.
198 Guerrero Street
Most Commented On
- Last I Checked SF Was Still Part Of The United States - December 6, 2013
- Ironic - December 6, 2013
- Yes, rent control deters the re-renting of vacant units. - December 6, 2013
- Marcos has been driven out of here, it seems. - December 6, 2013
- Or to summarize that in one sentence: - December 6, 2013
- Rent Control is a major - December 6, 2013
- Yeah they are. Just take a - December 6, 2013
- How do YOU know what a majority think? - December 6, 2013
- So, everyone takes it for - December 6, 2013
- A majority of SF'ers have never been to the Marsh and yet it has - December 6, 2013