Temple, 540 Howard, www.templesf.com
Ah, Sneak, how you play with our heart-shaped equalizers. One minute you're banging chunky techno tunes, the next you're upping the bongos for some well-earned soul release and then you drop some serious freaking Chicago house gangster shit on us and we can't stop screaming. Through it all you keep a shroom-happy smile on our faces and work the soles off our Keds. Here's to another 15 years of squeaking the woodwork, and your choo-choo new contribution to the Back in the Box series. With Hector Moralez and Oscar Mirada.
Fri/20, 9 p.m., $10$20. Six, 66 Sixth St., SF. www.clubsix1.com
Anyone who caught house legend Francois K.'s head-scratching but still rewarding set at Vessel on March 12 may have taken away the same thought I did the sparkling Balearic revival of the past few years has now congealed into a full-on non-ironic Ibiza attack. That's kind of scary, but maybe the crappy-champagne-and-carnival-siren sound is an interesting comment on now. Prolific DJ and producer Clive Henry, of the glittery Circo Loco party based at Ibiza's humongous DC10, may be the best person to help you rethink the microgenre at EndUp. Whether or not he'll be sponsored by Got 2 B Magnetik hair gel with pheromones, like most Ibiza denizens, remains to be seen.
The moody duo is still touring and bridging the gap between thoughtful Berlin minimal and the more laconic side of electro. Yet why would Walter Merziger and Arno Kammermeier ever stop accumuutf8g bonus miles as one of the most acclaimed live acts in dance music, especially with their Get Physical label still scoring kudos and their hoards of ready and willing fans? You may have seen it all before, but that doesn't mean it's not the tits.
Sun/22, 8:30 p.m., $22 advance. Independent, 628 Divisadero, SF. www.theindependentsf.com
Most Commented On
- You cannot have total equality without a massive cost. - March 11, 2014
- One Source Journalism - March 11, 2014
- Disabled people don't - March 11, 2014
- Lighten up and grow a sense of humor. - March 11, 2014
- Nobody is saying the disabled don't deserve a break - March 11, 2014
- Home Improvement Fashion - March 11, 2014
- Homophobic troll - March 11, 2014
- I do love a good party - March 11, 2014
- 2 of these officers killed my son Idriss Stelley - March 11, 2014
- impressed - March 11, 2014