Mars Bar, 798 Brannan, SF.
This party promises to be wronger than shitting in a urinal: anarchic drag weekly Charlie Horse is hosting a homeless-themed night. Partially controversial gender clown Monistat joins perky Percocetted hostess Anna Conda to present shameful acts by talented messes to actually help benefit homeless services. La-da-dee, la-da-dah, don't try to rip the wigs off these queens or they will cut you.
Fri/27, 10 p.m., free. The Cinch, 1723 Polk, SF.
LOOK OUT WEEKEND
Happy hours are all the populist rage, especially in these queasy economics, no? One of the biggest and brightest, Look Out Weekend, is moving into new quarters at Vessel off Union Square. The delicious electronic stylings of Oh Land and DJing by the Magnificent Seven complement yummy eats and fashionable freaks at the relaunch. Will L.O.W. 2.0 be as raucous as the first version? Hey, it's free, so go see for yourself.
Fridays, 4 p.m.-9 p.m., free. Vessel, 85 Campton Place, SF.
Well! It may be a bit bombastic, but the name just fits. SF soulful house music king DJ David Harness inaugurates a new monthly to rain some of that ol' hands-in-the-air spirit down on the children-in-waiting at the lovely Triple Crown. The Crown's sound system is winning extreme plaudits, so be prepared for a high-fidelity throwdown.
Fri/27, 10 p.m., $5. 1760 Market, SF.
A few years ago, DJ Ruben Mancias packed up his little glam-house weekly at the EndUp, Devotion, and skedaddled to NYC to find fame, fortune, and a lot of really neat T-shirts. He's occasionally popped back into town to show off each, and remind Latin- and soul-tinged house fans of past EndUp glories. Devotion's eight-year-anniversary will find him back at the space with Oakland house princes Cecil and Dedan warming up. Memories!
Sun/29, 8 p.m.-4 a.m. The EndUp, 401 Sixth St., SF.
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014