Served on a toasty Dutch crunch roll, it's so good that your next sandwich is on me if you aren't convinced it tastes as good if not better than real meat. Instead of eating your sando on the sidewalk and using up a roll of napkins, eat in Dolores Park around the corner and wipe your hands on the grass. So gooey, messy, and delicious, you'll proudly wear that dirty sauce stain running down the front of your shirt as if it were a gold medal.
3506 16th St., SF. (415) 553-6888, www.ilikeikesplace.com
FRESH, SMOKED SALMON SANDWICH AT THE SENTINEL
A sandwich so elegant, it's like the Lawrence Olivier of sandwiches. Fresh baked wild salmon topped with a layer of smoked salmon, with fennel, dill, and a sheath of iceberg lettuce on a soft roll, this sandwich is thoughtful and deliberate in its approach to taste and texture. It might sound fancy, but don't confuse this sandwich for a snob. At $8.50, you get a bang for your buck. "The Sentinel" is an imposing name for a SoMa sandwich stand that offers no seating, let alone a bathroom, but like Thomas the Tank Engine, this tiny place means serious business. Owned and operated by chef Dennis Leary of Canteen who will personally wrap your sandwich for you these sandwiches work so hard at being good it makes other sandwiches look like lazy bums in comparison.
37 New Montgomery, SF. (415) 284-9960, www.thesentinelsf.com
Most Commented On
- marcos clearly supports drivers not obeying any law that - March 8, 2014
- UBER is doing what the CITY does ... ask Herrera - March 8, 2014
- Commitment matters - March 8, 2014
- You and I have different values - March 8, 2014
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014