Served on a toasty Dutch crunch roll, it's so good that your next sandwich is on me if you aren't convinced it tastes as good if not better than real meat. Instead of eating your sando on the sidewalk and using up a roll of napkins, eat in Dolores Park around the corner and wipe your hands on the grass. So gooey, messy, and delicious, you'll proudly wear that dirty sauce stain running down the front of your shirt as if it were a gold medal.
3506 16th St., SF. (415) 553-6888, www.ilikeikesplace.com
FRESH, SMOKED SALMON SANDWICH AT THE SENTINEL
A sandwich so elegant, it's like the Lawrence Olivier of sandwiches. Fresh baked wild salmon topped with a layer of smoked salmon, with fennel, dill, and a sheath of iceberg lettuce on a soft roll, this sandwich is thoughtful and deliberate in its approach to taste and texture. It might sound fancy, but don't confuse this sandwich for a snob. At $8.50, you get a bang for your buck. "The Sentinel" is an imposing name for a SoMa sandwich stand that offers no seating, let alone a bathroom, but like Thomas the Tank Engine, this tiny place means serious business. Owned and operated by chef Dennis Leary of Canteen who will personally wrap your sandwich for you these sandwiches work so hard at being good it makes other sandwiches look like lazy bums in comparison.
37 New Montgomery, SF. (415) 284-9960, www.thesentinelsf.com
Most Commented On
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 24, 2014
- How? Wanna back up that - July 24, 2014
- Israel unilaterally withdrew - July 24, 2014
- Snap sounds - July 24, 2014
- Israel is surrounded by nations that wish it to be destroyed - July 24, 2014
- Yo, it's hard to see another meaning to the phrase: - July 24, 2014
- When Hamas fires rockets at civilian areas - July 24, 2014
- The cause of Hamas is the destruction of Israel. - July 24, 2014
- You're mean - July 24, 2014
- SEIU - July 24, 2014