in a state that is pretty much single-minded in its position in terms of saving the coast," he said.
Charter's optimism was helped by a recent federal appeals court ruling against the previous administration's plan to award new offshore-drilling leases in the Arctic.
So now, "whatever Secretary Salazar does will have his own stamp on it," Charter said. "In each of these hearings, it's become apparent that the Obama administration may be coming around to a new approach."
Public comment for the offshore leasing plan ends in late September. Salazar told reporters that he expects a decision by the end of the year.
Most Commented On
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014
- An artiface, a choice that - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me phone +2347055413648 - July 31, 2014
- fSVVJyMpXcxnjuQ - July 31, 2014
- Yes, there is of course no harm done by such informal sharing. - July 31, 2014
- He prefers a clockwise rotation while being wiped - July 31, 2014
- It's to do with accounting but is not a contrivance. - July 31, 2014