John Burton, but now works for Lang, Hansen, O'Malley, and Miller, a Republican-leaning lobbying firm in Sacramento whose clients include Energy Solutions, a Utah-based low-level nuclear waste disposal facility that stands to profit if San Francisco excavates Parcel E-2.
Ammiano dismisses the ensuing furor over Energy Solutions as a "tempest in a teapot.
"I signed that letter to Newsom because of the truth that it contains," Ammiano said. "Sure, there's crazy stuff going on. But within the insanity, there's a progressive message: the community wants radiological contaminants removed from the shipyard."
Most Commented On
- Families need healthy fields, not fake grass and used tires. - July 25, 2014
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014
- Troll, why do you hate America? - July 25, 2014