John Burton, but now works for Lang, Hansen, O'Malley, and Miller, a Republican-leaning lobbying firm in Sacramento whose clients include Energy Solutions, a Utah-based low-level nuclear waste disposal facility that stands to profit if San Francisco excavates Parcel E-2.
Ammiano dismisses the ensuing furor over Energy Solutions as a "tempest in a teapot.
"I signed that letter to Newsom because of the truth that it contains," Ammiano said. "Sure, there's crazy stuff going on. But within the insanity, there's a progressive message: the community wants radiological contaminants removed from the shipyard."
Most Commented On
- Yes, that is the job of an editor - July 25, 2014
- It seems the people opposing this change do not like sports - July 25, 2014
- It's precisely because I care about San Franciscans that I do - July 25, 2014
- Liberals and Change - July 25, 2014
- So when blacks complain about racial prejudice do you tell them - July 25, 2014
- You hate San Franciscans and - July 25, 2014
- The problem, Emma, is that you are quick to put out - July 25, 2014
- So you are denying ever making stereotypes about whites? - July 25, 2014
- The soccer fields are about 0.001% of GGPark - July 25, 2014
- I would vote AGAINST putting - July 25, 2014