It's good, in the full, unvarnished sense of that word.
I sound a gentle cautionary note as to items (other than alcoholic drinks) that are served at room temperature or lower. Coins of braised octopus ($16) not quite room temperature, not quite chilled were a little rubbery, although tasty. And the bread in the tirelessly replenished basket was both tough and under flavored; perhaps that was why the accompaniments included not only butter but a small dish of sea salt.
Still, Waterbar is lovely and worthy, a place that, despite its deluxe location and big ownership names (Pat Kuleto, Jan Birnbaum), offers something like value. Not many view restaurants can make that claim.
Dinner: 5:30-10 p.m.
Lunch: Mon.-Fri., 11:30 a.m-2 p.m.
Brunch: Sat.-Sun., 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
399 The Embarcadero, SF
Most Commented On
- Well, Jesus ain't letting you into - May 18, 2013
- "Currently, there is no - May 18, 2013
- Yes, it's called Newspeak: - May 18, 2013
- why is this MY - May 18, 2013
- Tell the Yakuza. - May 18, 2013
- Cutting off the nose to spite the face - May 18, 2013
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013
- Such a load of crap - May 18, 2013
- The whole west side is single family homes - May 18, 2013
- I know you guys - May 18, 2013